I just posted on the BL home regarding the before pictures idea that has been brought up. I'm now sick to my stomach just thinking of it. I know all the really good reasons why it's a good idea - I just really don't want pictures to become a rule of this comp. I would like to believe that all the gals in this comp are honest (wouldn't it be nice if that was true of everyone in the world) and that it just wouldn't be necessary to add this rule. I know I'm probably just an idealist and need to face reality - not everyone is honest. But I know I'M honest. I just wish I didn't have to do something that really makes me feel uncomfortable in order to prove that fact.
I hope that if it is made a rule we will be allowed to use a before picture that was taken of us in normal clothes. I have one from my birthday that is disgusting. I hate looking at myself in the pic because I'm so big in it. Also, if it is made a rule I think we should be able to wear whatever we want in them. I do not feel comfortable wearing skimpy whatevers in a picture that is required to post on the internet. That just does not feel right to me.
Other than that I'm doing better. I'm not completely over my cold, but it's finally letting go of me little by little. I haven't been able to work out but I've been really good with my diet and I know there are still pounds being shed. Hooray!
Overall I'm feeling hopeful and ready for the weigh in Thursday morning. I hope my goal will be reached! Come October 1st my focus is going to be on getting my butt out of bed nice and early in the mornings so I can get a few quality runs in each week.
Good luck on the last two days ladies! We CAN do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ELISE!! There would BE NO requirement on what to wear. I hope that I clarified that appropriately on the blog. And you could totally use your birthday pic, as long as you could see your body (so if you are sitting at a table.. it really wouldn't work!) DON'T STRESS ABOUT IT!! That totally isn't the point! Good luck for the rest of the month.
Elise,
I love your honesty. Especially about posting pictures of ourselves on the internet. Have you seen some of the before pictures on other blogs where everything is taken from the neck down? Karilynn posted that we can wear whatever we want as long as it's form fitting. My favorite part of these blogs is seeing the before and after pics. It's amazing the difference from beginning to end. Good luck at weigh in!
I understand how you feel about the honesty part... and I think even if it becomes a rule, we will not be required to post the pics. I think sending them to those in charge is all that will be required. Hopefully though, by the time this comp is over you will be happy to post the after shots--and glad you have the befores to see how far you have come.
Post a Comment