Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feeling Good!

Wow! I just barely got to check the BL blog and check the results! I had a friend call and tell me the good news earlier...but it was still a shock to see it on my computer screen! I haven't been home ALL day. I weighed in and sent my picture email at about 7:30am and didn't get home until this evening. Wow. I'm still in shock.

Thank you SO much to everyone in this competition. It has been an awesome first month for SEVERAL of you ladies! We all did a great job. A HUGE congratulations to Robyn - who really came in first. You go girl! Thank you for all the comments on my blog. I love getting on and seeing what all of you have posted and how you all are doing. I really appreciate knowing we are all rooting FOR each other and not against.

I'm not sure if I'll have as much of a dramatic loss in October...but I'm sure going to keep going the way I've begun. I am working VERY hard at sticking to a very healthy diet. I don't always get to work out as I'd like (since I'm still adjusting to the addition of a 3rd child and all the hormones and struggles that come with having a newborn). It is definitely a challenge to work in running, etc. to my current schedule...but I'm going to make it a much bigger priority for month 2. I'd say that MOST of my loss came from a very healthy diet and not as much working out. (Although I did work out and run, it wasn't my focus, diet was.)

My goal for October is to lose 8 more pounds. I know I probably won't be in the winner's circle with only an 8 pound loss...but for me it will be sweet success. I love knowing that the true reward of this competition is seeing the pounds come off and not necessarily the money gained. (However, the money isn't a bad byproduct!!!)

Good luck to everyone in October! Look out for Robyn T. she is certainly a true competitor! Great job Robyn! I hope everyone feels success as we say goodbye to September and hello to October! We CAN do this!

LET'S LOSE A COMBINED WEIGHT OF 200 POUNDS IN OCTOBER! DO YOU THINK WE CAN DO IT?? I DO!!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

that would be awesome to lose 200 this month total! We totally can do it! And congrats on being the BL!! woohoo!! :)

Kathy Scoffield said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! That is sooo awesome! You passed me up, now I get to catch up to you! :) Thanks for the motivation. It's fun to compete with gals in my same range!

Ellura said...

Hey Elise, it is totally awesome that you won - you worked hard for it! I'm sue you will do great this month also. Thanks for the weight watchers offer - I still have my books for that but I have always struggled sticking to it. If the one I am on doesn't work I'll give it a try... Keep up the hard work!