Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goals take two...
Here goes it. Sorry it took so long, I really have to get my butt in gear. Seriously.

I WANT THIS...

1) I want to be healthy for health's sake. I do not want to be a slave to a diet and as soon as the diet is over balloon up again. (I KNOW this will happen if I don't change my mindset NOW!)

2) I want to look good, and feel comfortable in the jeans Kari gave me a few months ago. When she gave them to me I could get them up and zipped, but they were tight. I haven't worn them since. It's too easy to be comfortable in my 'just a little too big' size jeans. I will put them on and evaluate my progress at least once a week. When they fit me WELL I will spend some money on myself and get one or two more pair so that I will NEVER go back to the other size.

3) I want to look good, and feel comfortable in a certain skirt in my closet. I have a performance on April 9th where I will be doing a solo at a friend's concert. I want to wear said skirt and look fabulous in it while I sing. (I also need to start working on a song, but that's a completely different goal!)

I WILL GET IT BY DOING THIS...

1) I will exercise at least 150 minutes each week. (that is 30 minutes 5 times a week)

2) I will IMPROVE my diet for health's sake. (I'm not going to journal, just eat right, healthy, more vegies and fruit, fewer desserts, etc. for the sake of eating right, being healthy, looking good, living longer, improving my mood and overall feeling of life, etc.)

3) I will try on the skirt and jeans at least once a week to evaluate my progress. I will get a picture of me NOW in each of them so I have a 'before' picture to compare. At the April 5th weigh in I will get new pictures taken in both of them to look at the difference. (I've been putting off writing down these goals because I haven't had the chance to get my husband to take the pictures. This morning I decided enough was enough...I can write down the goals and get started without the dumb pictures! I'll get them taken asap!!!)

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

This is a great list of goals! Can't wait to see the pics.. are you really going to post them?

Jewel said...

Love you goals Elise...the are very realistic too!

I have stopped journaling..which I don't really think is a good thing, but I have (of course) increased my veggie and fruit intake. The rule of thumb that I read in Prevention magazine that has helped me the most is to always fill me plate at least 50% full of the veggies (I usually take salad if that is available) and then divide the rest of the plate between the rest of the meal!