Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ramblings

Ooooohhhh.....I am so mad! I am trying to post comments on some of the BL blogs and it won't work! ARG! My computer has been acting up for the last week or two and is only getting worse! I just hope we can get it fixed before the big weigh in on Oct. 1st...or I'm in trouble!

I wanted to comment on Mindy's blog...
I LOVE the fire! Great job girl! I've dieted BOTH ways and when I have the FIRE it works! I tried on a pair of jeans that haven't fit me in FOREVER the other day and they FIT! I know how you feel! My husband did NOT give me the excited response I was looking for - but it's ok - I'm not doing this for him, I'm doing it for me! So, keep up the GREAT work! I hope you beat us all...(just let me come in second!) Ha Ha!



Lately I've been suffering from a bladder infection which equates to no water absorbtion (which sucks because I'm trying to make milk for my baby!) and no energy due to the dehydration. I'm hoping it will clear up SOON so I will feel more like myself!!!


As I mentioned above (in my comment to Mindy) I tried on some jeans the other day just to see how far away I was to being able to zip up. The zipper didn't go up easily, but it did go up! Hooray for seeing my body change! Yeah!


I've been feeling pretty low lately with where I am in life. It's hard seeing your body change so drastically with a pregnancy, then after giving birth. Don't get me wrong, I love my life. I love my kids and I love my hubby. I love where we live and I love our home. I just struggle sometimes with the emotions of being a very young mother. (I'm not that young, my kids are!) In order to find some solutions to those emotions, but NOT find solace in food I went and got my hair chopped off! I love the change! I also got some much needed new shoes! (My feet have grown 2 whole sizes in the last 3 years so I don't have many left that fit!) I totally got the lift in spirits I needed! I feel like a whole to woman! New shoes and new hair!


So, I need some advice to a problem. Let me explain...
I need to work out but the ONLY time I can is if I get up mega early. Can I just say how tired I am all the time! I know we all are...but...it's seriously wearing on me. I need to some tips on what you gals say in your mind to get your butt out of bed to work out so darn early! I have a mental mantra for almost all the pitfalls I've hit so far...except this one! What can I say to myself to beat the tired me into getting up??? Help!!!

So far so good! Only 13 more days until the big weigh in! Keep up the good work everybody!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I think that while you have the bladder infection, you should really get your rest and be VERY good at your diet. Once that is cleared up... I think a good way to encourage yourself to get up is to think of a goal outfit. Or... maybe we could rig your alarm clock to have my voice saying... "GET UP ELISE!! I'm UP and I'm SHREDDING!!" ;o) Honestly, I was getting up at 4:30 for a month or something and it was killing me. I HAD to find time to fit my workouts in later in the evening because I had no energy for the day. I had to rearrange schedules and work things out with my hubby but now I am able to do my runs in the evenings. And I shred in the mornings before the kids are up.. but not so early that I feel like dying all day!

Sarah said...

At this point all you can do is do you best! I am so HAPPY that you are in your smaller jeans and you've done it by shear discipline and determination. Thats something to be shouting about. Maybe for the time being you can go for a quick walk with the kids around the park or do some exercised outside with the kids while they play. But as far as I am concerned, you are doing FABULOUS and have no need to worry.

Vicki said...

I don't know how, but I missed this post earlier...
With kids ages 4,2, and 2 months... I can imagine that it is super hard to fit in your exercise. Does your 4 year old go to preschool? I LOVE love love, my double jogger, because it gives me no excuses. I can't say I can't go for a run bc I just have to load my 2 little ones in and do it... with 3, and one so tiny though, it wouldn't work. I do think that on some days you could plan to exercise with the kids there. If you have a video, or on demand -- I do that when it is raining, and even though sometimes the kids think I am a jungle gym.. or cry half of the time, I still get a work out.