Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank You!

I just have to take a moment and say thank you to all those who have commented on my BL blog! I've NEVER had so many comments in my life! Thanks!

The last few days have been 'blah' for me emotionally, but so far I haven't let it effect my eating. My husband is leaving tomorrow for a VERY long weekend of hunting. He won't be home until Tuesday afternoon! I don't know how I'm going to get the work-outs in, since I depend on him to be here with the kids when I run. I plan to just focus on strength training and doing videos since I can't go out and run. I'll run tomorrow morning before he leaves. I'm hoping to kick my butt with a hard (and good) 4 mile run. Here's to NO stopping!

I'm anal with sticking to my points and if I do have a treat making sure it is counted. I have to say, I'm pretty spoiled getting the extra points for being a nursing mom! I've also been a lot harder on myself (regarding self talk - you know - in my head talk) after reading all the BL blogs. I see what you all write and begin thinking I won't measure up. I won't be able to lose enough to be a competitive player. I have to admit, I really want to win! I have to focus on the real goal: health and fitness! I want to lose the weight and this is the way to do it!

Here's to a great run in the morning, and pushing myself through a lonely weekend!!! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Karilynn said...

It's hard when the competition gets in your head and makes you think you aren't as "good" as the other girls. This time around is SO much different for me. I don't hope to win anything... LOL!! I hope to see all of these amazing women succeed. You, of course, are one of my ESPECIALLY's!! You will do this. I don't doubt that!! Good luck with the long weekend. Whatever you do.. don't let it become a "fat-long weekend"! Be equally anal all weekend! If you don't work out... just know that you are doing well nutritionally and pick up where you left off on Tuesday!!

Melissa Davis said...

Well it sounds like you are doing great! Blah days SUCK, so it's good that you didn't let it effect your eating...good job!

Ellura said...

Hey Elise, after the first week I gave up on winning the money but it has sure helped with the motivation hasn't it? I can't thank you enough for getting me into this. I feel so much better to be doing something about my weight!

Vicki said...

Hi -- I hope you have a great weekend :) It is hard when you are on your own. My hubby will be gone again all next week and I am not looking forward to that.
I would love to talk to you more about etsy (more for some nesting dolls I do -- my puzzles wouldn't be allowed bc they are manufactured overseas...here is my email vickihyde@yahoo.com
shoot me an email when you have a chance :)

Mindy said...

ah the blah days... gotta love them. i've been having my fair share of those. i've been so focused on my menu but all those cravings are creeping in. i'm not sure how much longer i can hold out but i'm doing my best!!! sounds like you are too and i'm pretty sure that's half the battle. goog luck with the rest of your weekend and keep moving.

Christen Farmer said...

i think it's awesome that you stick to your points.. Hope you had a good weekend despite your husband being gone. I have plenty of the blah days myself.. just tell yourself you are gonna stick with it and not give up.