This morning I got up at 5:45am, fed Luke, got dressed and went for a run. It felt good.
So far this morning my mental attitude has been great. I think today will be a good day all around. I teach this afternoon which always makes for a stressful few hours...but I'm hopeful it will be ok and that Luke will stay quiet and good during lessons.
One of my new goals for the competition is to work out at least 4 to 5 times a week. I need to run at least 3 times and do strength training 1-2 times a week. I'll be sacrificing sleep, but it will be worth it to see the numbers on the scale go down. I'm determined.
I've noticed through the ups and downs of weight that how I treat my body physically usually mirrors how I am treating my body spiritually. I have noticed that since I've been watching what I eat and working out and basically putting forth effort to be healthy physically, I've also up-ed my spiritual feedings as well. I notice if I miss my morning prayers and daily scripture study. I worry more about my children's spiritual well-being as well as my own.
Have you ever noticed that? Just food for thought...
2 comments:
I totally think all of our health ties in - mental, spiritual and physical. If we are neglecting one the others suffer even if we think they don't.
Way to start off strong by getting up so darn early :)
I agree with the spiritual thing. I think they go hand in hand and alsp as with everything else God can help us with this too because it is a struggle and a trial. I try to look at my body being his temple and right now its not a very good temple for him. Thx for ur comment it means a lot. I look forward to gettin to know u guys and build friendships even though I live forever away.
Post a Comment