Friday, September 4, 2009

This morning I ran the farthest I have gone (without stopping) since Luke was born. It felt good. And it hurt at the same time! I'm working on gaining mental strength with the runs as well as strength against the food that really doesn't do anything good for my body. It all takes mental strength...and I need to be strong!

I'm going running again in the morning and I hope I can do the same distance. I hope I'm not too sore...but even if I am...I'm planning to push through it to earn some new muscle in return! So far I've done great with eating healthy and trying to find that balance of just enough calories! I'm going to weigh in on Monday morning to see if there is any difference on the scale.
Have a great Holiday weekend everyone!
Be strong!
We are stronger than (bad) food!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

So great to be running and building up distance :)
Just out of curiosity -- How old is your youngest -- and what do you teach in your private studio? Is it a dance studio or art studio??

Mindy said...

Hey Elise! Sounds like you're kickin butt! Way to go! I'm right with ya on the mental strength stuff. I ate much better than I have for a long time during my pregnancy with the exception of the donuts at the end… I went 41 weeks and 5 days before my baby came and those last two weeks were killer! I couldn’t go back to work so I sat home on my butt most days and ate. UGH! Now all I want is a donut. But I’m not giving in. I’ve had just one since Jade was born (July 2nd) and I’ve got no plans to have another. :0)
Now if I could just get over the Pepsi cravings

Mindy said...

Hey Elise! Sounds like you're kickin butt! Way to go! I'm right with ya on the mental strength stuff. I ate much better than I have for a long time during my pregnancy with the exception of the donuts at the end… I went 41 weeks and 5 days before my baby came and those last two weeks were killer! I couldn’t go back to work so I sat home on my butt most days and ate. UGH! Now all I want is a donut. But I’m not giving in. I’ve had just one since Jade was born (July 2nd) and I’ve got no plans to have another. :0)
Now if I could just get over the Pepsi cravings

Mindy said...

oh sorry i probaly just sent you that comment like 6 times.... lol i should learn to read the page. :0)

Melissa Davis said...

Good for you!!

Karilynn said...

Sorry Elise.. I was camping and totally missed this post! CONGRATS on running farther than you have thus far. I know that you've done this all before and that you know it takes time. You always inspire me to push harder. It's so funny how many things I've done because you showed me it could be done. Running is one of those things. THANK YOU!!! and CONGRATS!!