Friday, January 8, 2010

155?

It was really hard for me to make the 155 goal I had for December. I finally got it, but then turned around and wasted it by feeling sorry for myself after the last competition was over. I think I've taken for granted that it would be reletively easy to get back. It so is not easily coming back!

One observation I've made is to have learned (once again) how important diet is. If you don't work out but you DO watch what is going in your mouth you WILL lose weight!

Another is, I weigh myself too often. As it turns out, I get MORE discouraged weighing myself and seeing a number higher than I want. I need to be PATIENT and only weigh in every once in a while to chart progress - NOT once a day!

I'm going to make an effort to forgive myself for eating away my beloved 155 and to give myself some time to earn it back before weighing myself again! I'm not going to get on my scale again for a few days. I need to live and act as if I weigh 155 then maybe I'll get it back!

Good luck over the weekend girls! Don't eat away your goals!

5 comments:

Karilynn said...

I love the "Don't eat away your goals." comment. SO SO TRUE!!
But honestly.. if your weight was almost 165 lbs 3 days ago... do you really expect to be 10 lbs down already?

M and A said...

i agree with not working out BUT watching & tracking what you eat, you WILL loose weight! i lost weight regularly when i was on walking restrictions & 10# wt. after my vericose vein procedure. i was SURE to track everyday & it worked! i'm sure you will be back down to 155 before you know it!

Grace said...

It's great to read this. I tend to weigh-in every day too, and the one day I went up a bit (ate late, lost it all and then some the next day), is still playing with my brain. I'm finding myself fantasizing about pancakes and such for breakfast tomorrow. Not good.

Watching what I eat is what I need to get back to.

Anyway, thanks for posting just what I needed to read. It's nice knowing someone else is feeling similarly. Solidarity and best wishes for your 155 living the next couple days! :D

Mindy said...

oh elise... 155 has not left you forever... just for a season. so press in and you'll be back at it in no time.

love my kiddos said...

I think I may put that saying "Don't eat away your goals" on my mirror. It's so true. You will get back to what you were, I know you will. You are amazing! You inspire me to do better every day. You'll get there again.