Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5th

New day. New week. New month. New Year.

It doesn't get much easier to start something new does it? Since today is the official start of a new competition, I'd like to take this post to introduce myself to all the new competitors and define the goals I have for the next few months.

I began my weight loss journey in July after having my baby. I've lost all my weight between pregnancies and I didn't want to waste any time getting it off! I have three children ages 4, 2 and 6 months. My biggest challenge right now is finding time to work out. I have a history of running and once the weather warms up I hope to get outside and start up again! I enjoy weight training, but I don't have a gym membership. Right now I work out 2-3 times a week in my basement usually doing a Jillian workout. It works for now! Someday I'd like to have some workout equipment but right now I have no room and no money! :)

I lost a bit of my baby weight on my own, then joined the competition that started in September and ended Jan. 1st. I was able to lose all of my weight during those 4 months, losing 39 pounds. When I weighed in Jan 1st I was 155 - my goal weight. I was SO happy! Since the New Year and having quite a rough weekend emotionally I (obviously) have put on a few of those once lost pounds. Oh well. It's a new month, right? I started this competition today weighing in at 164. I know, I know...that's a long way from the 155 I was last week. But...I know how to get it off and that's where it's going!

I LOVE these competitions because of the accountability each month with weigh ins and each week with the blogs. I love reading every body's blogs and commenting. It is great to feel a friendship with so many others making goals and carrying them out as we work together toward being healthy and happy in 2010!!

Each month I try to write what my goal for that month will be. So far it has really worked, so I'm doing it again. For January I want to get back to 155 asap, then stay there until the Feb. 5 weigh in. When I weigh in Feb. 5 I WILL be 155 again. I hope to get back there sooner than later. For now, that is enough for me. I want to work on maintenance and working out and just living happily at this healthy weight.

Good luck to everyone in the competition! I hope everyone sticks with their goals and has a GREAT first month! WE CAN DO IT!!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

elise... you did so well last comp. glad to see you joining us again! good luck on all your new goals for this comp/year.