Friday, January 1, 2010

pity party

Well. It's over. At least this competition is. I'm happy with how I did but I'm pretty bummed I didn't come out on top. I'm happy for Angela. She rocked and certainly earned her right to the prize money. I just wish I would have beat her! Oh well!

I think it made it so much harder knowing I was so close. So close, but no cigar. I was only like one pound away from having it! Darn it! I'm happy to have come in second for December and I don't mean to be ungrateful. I'm just going to allow myself to be bummed for a few hours.

I lost 10 pounds in December, and 39 pounds over the entire competition. I guess I thought it was enough...but it just wasn't.

I'm planning on joining Karilynn's competition beginning Jan. 5th, not to lose weight but to try to learn how to maintain. I don't really know how to maintain weight loss like this, so I will need the next few months to learn and probably learn again, and again and again. I would really like to stay this weight. I feel good and fit into all my clothes and I'm happy where I am....at least for now.

My goal for the next comp is to maintain the healthy and active lifestyle I've established. I also want to live between 155 and 160 pounds. I feel that for right now that is a healthy place for me and I'm happy with those goals. I think it would be great if I could train for some events for the spring/summer. I'm not sure which ones at this point. We'll see...

I'm happy with how I did in this competition. I did the very best I could...it just wasn't quite enough. Good luck to everyone as we all continue along this journey to become more active and healthy in our lifestyles.

Thank you ladies for all your support and help throughout the last four months. For those who kept with their goals....Good Job! We can do anything we set our minds to!!! If you believe it, you will achieve it!!!

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

Okay... I'm here at the pity party... wishing that somehow the efforts you put forth could pay out in cash... oh wait then I remember HOW MUCH YOUR EFFORTS HAVE PAID OUT!!
You look AMAZING!! You are wearing sizes you haven't worn in a VERY long time. You are so confident, happy, inspiring. You have exceeded your goals and NOW... after only 4 months... you have the opportunity to learn even more about yourself and how amazingly strong you are. I am not trying to downplay the pity party cause it pretty much sucks!!(I did the math.. the difference was less half a lb...) BUT.... so much has come from this. You've lost almost 40 lbs!! WOWZER!!! In a competition where everyone who loses is a WINNER... you have SURELY WON!! Love you!

Stephanie said...

As much as the competition was between people, it was also you vs yourself in a way. And I'd say a 39lb loss is no small feat. Have you ever accomplished this before? It's a win in and of itself.
weight loss

rochelle said...

40 pounds in 4 months is something to be proud of! Way to go, Elise! Especially to lose 10 during the holidays. I'm very impressed! Good luck on the maintain.